If you have a website, you probably need SEO (search engine optimization). I believe your objective of building a website is to get people to visit it. Without traffic, no one will know what you provide. SEO is the bedrock of traffic generation. Today, search engine traffic accounts for the majority of overall website traffic.
In this article, let me highlight 10 reasons why you need to optimize your website:
1. Most people still trust the organic result listings. If your website is not on the top few listings, you are losing traffic and potential sales to your competitors.
2. The search habit of people has changed. Today, people search in different ways and you cannot predict the exact keywords that your customers use to look for your products or services. But by optimizing your content to a specific keyword theme, you can increase your website prominence in the search results listing.
3. If your competitors are up there, you need to be there too. If not, you are losing potential sales to your smarter competitors because they are going to get more traffic than you.
4. When you optimize your website with relevant content, you get people to stay at your site longer and this will increase your conversion rate.
5. With SEO, more people are visiting your website. This means that even with your current conversion rate, you can get more sales.
6. Always stay ahead of your competitors. As competition gets fiercer, you need to leverage on SEO to get more traffic and sales than your competitors.
7. With SEO, you can capture a bigger market share. This makes your company an authority in your industry, which ultimately translates into more sales.
8. 24/7 exposure with SEO. When your website is optimized, you get traffic all day long.
9. You do not need to pay for each click that SEO brings you. Clicks from the organic listing are free. So you are saving more money in the long run with SEO.
10. Repeat business. Customers referred from search engines tend to stick around for longer, which increases customer lifetime revenues via SEO.
SEO is an essential method to generate more targeted leads and sales for your business. If you have not optimized your site yet, you should do it right away. To look for a list of SEO companies, you can do a search on Google. Before you engage a particular company, make sure that you look at their portfolio first.