Most of the people who are new to the industry might be asking how keywords will help them earn more. Yes, you heard it right. By having the right keywords, you will definitely earn more. Once you created the perfect keywords for your website, meaning less competition more on traffic type of keywords, your business will eventually have more income than before. Now that you know the benefits of choosing the right keywords for your internet business next is I will teach you guys on how to do basic keyword research for yourself. Keyword research process involved several phases:
- Brainstorming – Put yourself into your target customers’ shoe and think what would they likely type in to search engines in an attempt to find the information, products, or services the your website offers. In your list, also include alternate spellings, wordings, synonyms, or even 2 word description of information, products, or services that you offer.
- Make a survey for your target market – By giving out set of surveys to your potential customers you could gather information and give you a good idea of what is likely to be the biggest drivers and produce the highest conversion rates.
- Check your keywords – There are several tools online that offers information about the number of times internet users perform specific searches. These tools offer concrete data about the trends of the keywords you have selected. One good example of this is Google’s Keyword Research tool. It gives you last month’s average searches.
- Categorize your keywords – Make a chart and categorize your keywords from keywords that are valuable and compares traffic, relevancy and the likelihood of conversions for each keywords. This chart will show you which terms you will target. Keyword Difficulty Tool can also help you in choosing the terms that will be achievable for the site. One good example of this tool is SEOmoz’s KW Difficulty Tool.
- Testing and Analytics – Using analytics programs that measures web traffic, activity and conversions can be used to refine keyword selection. Tools like Indextools and ClickTracks can be helpful in this phase.
Now that you have learned the basic Keyword Research, you should be able to create your very own Keyword Research. You are now set to go for building links and use your newly made set of keywords.